Shrubs on Saturday

After lunch today Karen said "Mum do you want to go to the Garden Centre with me".  What could I say but "Ok, but I'm not buying anything".  That girl is a bad influence on me - yeah really she is! Ha, guess what I did!  Yup you guessed it I bought stuff. Who can resist all the lovely shrubs and flowers on display. And as you probably all know by now I am NO gardener.
Anyway these are the two plants I bought (just because I thought they were pretty).

Hypericum  'Magical Gold'

 A close up shot of one of the flowers - isn't she pretty.

Skimmia Rubella

A close up of the buds on this one.

They are all nicely tucked up (planted) in the garden. Now as I said before I am no gardener - so I thought it was a good idea to take a picture of the flower and also of the name of it so that IF it doesn't survive with my tender loving care I will at least know what it was called and have a reminder of what it was like. 
Well, I thought it was a good idea!!!

Comments

Tezzie said…
Ooooh! Lovely plants...and such pretty captures of them! I'm so jealous of it still being planting season where you are ;)
Paul said…
They are pretty flowers. My wife is the gardiner in our house. Cutting and weeding the lawn is my contribution!
Lisa said…
They're lovely...and I love that expression, "tucked up."
Jill said…
They are beautiful! I wish you much success with them. :)
You'll have no problem with either of them. I love hypericum flowers aswell.
Pat MacKenzie said…
Lovely plants - I especially like the yellow one - such interesting looking blossoms. I'm not a gardener either but I thought spring was the time to put plants in the garden???
TexWisGirl said…
you're too funny! admitting defeat before you even give it a chance! :) i hope they flourish!
Rose said…
Those are pretty! Hope they grow for you!
I love the plants you bought. The photos are beautiful that you took of the lovely plants.
I've never seen the Hypericum in bloom - only as buds in flower arrangements. Absolutely stunning :) I wish I had one in my garden :) XOL
Anonymous said…
My Dear Ellie,
Wow lovely flower pots you bought!!!
And Especially close-up shot is stunning and marvelous, my friend♡♡♡
Haha, I always wonder how you learned the skill of photography!!!
Love you always from Japan, Orchid*
Sush said…
I've never been able to leave a nursery without something in hand! Those plants look really pretty! Let us know if they survive!
Hugs~
busybusybeejay said…
Hi.Just discovered your blog!I love the plants especially the skimmia.We lost two skimmias last winter in the heavy frost.Fancy you being a Seasick Steve fan.My husband is and went to see him with our son at the Cambridge Folk Festival last year.
deb duty said…
Looks like a fun place to have your camera! My mil has one of those pink flowers. It's so pretty.
Anonymous said…
What an unusual flower... pretty too!

Popular Posts