Sunday, 1 January 2012

Guess What We Had for Dessert?


Have you guessed  - ok I'll  tell you.  Trifle!!!
 
I love trifle - I only make it for the New Year dinner.  We also had steak pie - yummy!!! I love that too lol.
But I tell you I'm soooo glad it's only once a year 'cause if I was to eat like this all year - well let's just say I'd be a bit bigger, he he.

Anyway, 2012 has begun. Day 1 of a brand new year! Did you know it's a leap year this year so that's an extra day in store for us, what will we do with it?!!!

 I'm not making any New 
Year resolutions this year - I usually do but NEVER stick to them.  So with that in mind I am PLANNING to get fitter and eat healthier.  I reckon if I don't make it a resolution I might stick to it. That might work - do you think? :))

 I am also going to try and take at least one picture every day this year - yup that will be at least 366 pictures! Phew.
 And I am going to try and blog every day but we will see!! 

What are you planning for this new year. Anything exciting?

11 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

i'm not familiar with trifle. steak pie, for that matter, either. perhaps it is like a pot pie or a shepherd's pie we have here? :)

good luck on your 'reckon tos' for this year!

Jill said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful meal!

Karen said...

Oh, I love trifle! Sounds like you had a marvelous dinner. I never make new year's resolutions, no sense in setting myself up for failure.
Cheers

Debbie said...

i am pretty excited about 2012, i plan on having lot's of fun!!

i make a cappucino trifle, i think i sent you the recipe!!

Words Of Deliciousness said...

Sounds like you had a great dinner. Wishing you the best in the new year. Can't wait to see all the photos that you will take this year.

Paul said...

I love trifle! All the best with being fitter and healthier. I also am going to keep up the photos but I probably won't be as regular as you! Happy New Year!

geetlee said...

Happy happy new year Ellie! It's so lovely to stop by your blog after a long break. The trifle looks divine! Can't wait to see the pictures you post, 365 is a lovely challenge to undertake :)

Mommie Dearest Strikes Again said...

I made trifle for our New Year's dinner as well - ours was a cappuccino chocolate trifle. Happy New Year!

Kerri said...

I think this picture is AWESOME!
I LOVE it!

LoLy said...

WOW. I looooooooooooooove trifle.. Happy New Year :)

Rose said...

No real plans...the past year and a half has really seen some changes for us...I will be happy if everything just goes on normal for a while.