Shiny Stones



We had a real break in the weather over the weekend, blue skys and calm weather. Great stuff!!!! I had fully intended to go out and replenish my camera with pictures. However, it was not to be I'm afraid. I had too much to do around the house. You know it's nearly Christmas and I am so behind in things I have to do. Cleaning, housework, card writing, parcel wrapping. Phew, I think I need a week off work now to recover ha ha.
As a result I'm afraid I didn't get out all weekend, hmmmph. 

However, last night I was cleaning a crystal bowl that I have filled with shiny stones that I keep in the living room. I was drying the stones on the kitchen worktop and I noticed how sparkly they were. My camera mind kicked in and I thought - 'that might make a nice picture' - so I shot it (several times lol).  

 I think it looks a bit Christmassy with all the shine and sparkle. I even love all the reflections you can see in them.

 What do you think?

 Sharing today with 
at 

and

at

There will be lots of  images at both of these lovely these blogs - you should go and see. :)

Comments

I love them, the last one's my favourite :)
Jill said…
I love these! You are so clever.
Hootin Anni said…
Gorgeous...the colors, the sparkle, the crisp clear beauty of glass beads.

THE GREEN THING [and some red too]
Lisa Gordon said…
I think these are perfect for Christmas! I actually have a vase on my dining room table filled with these. Just love the way they look. Great photographs Ellie!

Thank you so much for sharing this week at The Creative Exchange.

I wish you a beautiful Holiday.

lisa.
Kayla said…
I think I like the last one the best....that one really seems like Christmas to me!
orchid0324 said…
I think my favorite will be the first one♬♬♬
Yes, really Christmassy and lovely.
I am also SO behind all these year-nd jobs...
Good Luck for both of us p;)
Blessing to you, Orchid*
Karen said…
They are so pretty Ellie. I love anything that sparkles! Merry Christmas to you and your family!
minor said…
Very beautiful stones! They just fit for Christmas.
Your pictures are so unique. Love them. I love the one with the water, but this is really cute. Love the shine on them. very clever.
TFS
Mira Crisp said…
That IS a lovely picture. Love all the sparkle!
TexWisGirl said…
i like both shots! nice and creative!
Bev said…
You take the best pictures!
Janie said…
I LOVE YOUR SHINY STONES! Great photos here Ellie. Isn't it amazing how we can find things all around us, even inside our homes to photograph and share? I love rocks, stones of course, especially with color and depth.
I have missed you too! Thank you. I think I am back now. I miss all the blogs I follow. Hope you are surviving all that needs to be done. Whew is right, I feel exactly the same.
EMily said…
Same here...we had a glorious day yesterday, but we were stuck inside due to trying to get things ready for Christmas and illness. Hope you get things ready in time!
busybusybeejay said…
I love your shiny stones.great photos.again!
Rosie Grey said…
These are so beautiful Ellie! Such a great idea and such wonderful shots!
EG CameraGirl said…
They are so pretty the way you've displayed them.
Anonymous said…
I love them! Beautiful photos, Ellie!
I know what you mean - I'm behind on everything! I hope we get it all finished before Christmas!
Laura said…
Oh I love these so beautiful and sparkly!!! I hope you will consider sending me an email about what you are grateful for to add to this year's gratitude word quilt. It will be posted on my blog on Dec 31st. I am collecting expressions of gratitude from around the world.
Gentle steps,
Laura
Sush said…
I'm always a sucker for shiny things! Those are just lovely!
Hugs~
lorik said…
I like the first one best. I want to touch them! Beautiful.
The lighting and colors are incredible!
Rose said…
I think they made a beautiful photo, is what I think.
Jeanne said…
Think these little crystals are really cool looking and really quite festive. Hope things calm down for all of us soon. Also, if i don't talk to you soon, I really hope that you have a lovely Christmas. Would love to hear a post about your traditions there!!! Best wishes to you! Jeanne
The stones are pretty. I like how they sparkle. I hope you get everything done for Christmas.
Roan said…
The stones are beautiful! Very Christmassy.

Popular Posts