List Making and some Wild Flowers

I've got a notion that I'd like to make some jam or something. My girls got me a jam making kit for my birthday last year and I've still not used it. Shocking right!!!!
So hopefully I'm going to get around to it this year. In fact that is on my list of things to do when I am on holiday. I really fancy making some lemon curd too - but there is only going to be me that eats it, maybe I'd better not make that then. I'd just be torturing myself :))

Talking about lists of things I want to do on holiday - I've got a lot of things planned. Places to go, shopping to do (don't tell Danny!!!), crafts that I'd like to try. I'm just wondering if two weeks will be long enough!!!

Anyway tonight Karen and I went for a wee walk.  It was just starting to rain so we didn't want to go too far just in case. But as it turns out the rain stopped.
I was marvelling at the wonderful wild flowers there are out there all different kinds and colours.
Here's a selection of the pictures I took.







Quite pretty aren't they?

I'm hoping to take my bicycle to the repair man in town tomorrow to check my tyres checked. I've not used my bike for quite a wee while and I'm keen to get back out on it. That's another thing on my list for the holiday :))

Have a great Sunday everbody.

PS. I had a few people wondering what the equivalent of a stone in weight was. Well it is 14lbs.  :)

Sharing today with
with


Comments

Rosie Grey said…
They ARE beautiful, Ellie! So lovely to see all that blooming! Don't forget to relax during your holidays ;-)
TexWisGirl said…
your wildflowers are so beautiful! :)

i hope your bicycle is just fine and ready to roll!
Marsha Young said…
Boy, would I love to follow behind you on one of your walks and see first hand all the lovely flowers you find to photograph. :)
Enjoy your weekend.
Connie Smiley said…
Such lovely flowers! They must like the rain...
Sandra said…
I just love the harebells, Ellie! All wild flowers are so charming, aren't they? You have lots of lovely plans for your holiday period! In the meantime, have a lovely Sunday!
Vores have said…
Great pictures you show.
Wishing you a good Sunday :)
These are lovely Ellie, my favourites are the third last, the pretty mauve bells.
your flowers are gorgeous!! wow!!

good luck with your list...i'm bad, always making lists...there's usually not enough time...but good luck!!

OH...and the jam thing! yum!! what kind will you make?
Nancy said…
Such pretty colors for this time of year. Thank you for sharing at YSB this week, Ellie.
Jill said…
They are such pretties!

Good luck with your bike.
Such a pretty walk- beautiful flowers.
Diane said…
Beautiful flowers. I am looking forward to seeing how the jam making goes :-) Diane
orchid0324 said…
Dearest Ellie,
Oh, beautiful wild flowers and must be gorgeous to have strlls♡♡♡
I haven't used bicycle for such a long time. I wonder if I can(^^;)

Love you always from Japan, xoxo Miyako*
Pat said…
Beautiful flowers!
Karen said…
Beautiful photos! What a gorgeous place to walk.
Pat MacKenzie said…
Beautiful wildflowers. I thought the purple flowers with red centers were a bit unusual. I think red and purple together is an awful combination but apparently God doesn't!!

Enjoy your holiday and be sure to put rest and relaxation on your list.
Jeanne said…
All are lovely Ellie, but that 4th flower is very interesting looking. Never saw one like this before!
Roan said…
The wildflowers are amazing. Due to dry weather, it's difficult to find any wildflowers this year. Perhaps you could make the jam and give it as a gift.
I am so overwhelmed by your shot. Everyone is beautiful and to think that you have access to those gorgeous flowers!
Debbie said…
all the fussing and watering i do with all my "not wild flowers" and they don't look half as good as these!!

i adore riding my bike but it's been too hot lately!! it's good exercise, i think you will really enjoy it.

p.s.....be sure and get a basket, for your camera!!
Anonymous said…
Beautiful photos: your world must be filled with flowers!
I've never made jam, but when I was a child, a neighbor used to make delicious grape jam every summer.
By the way, check my blog tomorrow: I'll be nominating you for a new award!
I love the wild flowers, so pretty. I know that you will enjoy making the jam, homemade is always tasty.
Kayla said…
Beautiful pictures, Ellie! I want you to make lemon curd. It wouldn't be that bad for you, would it? I mean, it is a fruit...right?
Sheila said…
Very pretty indeed , wildflowers can be some of the prettiest flowers anywhere . Thanks for sharing.
Rose said…
Wow, these are beautiful...

Popular Posts