Friday, 17 February 2012

My Bird Picture and an Award

I love when people post lovely pictures of pretty wee birds, we don't get that many little birds here, normally just seagulls, crows and magpies. 
Now, I have this paperweight with a bird imprinted on it.  So, I cheated and took some pictures of it.
It is quite pretty though - don't you think?



Now on to the 2nd part of my post.
I have been awarded twice this week with the Leibster Award.  The lovely ladies that were kind enough to do this for me are 



Jill has a lovely blog which I love to visit. She is a lovely warmhearted girl.

Dawn has a food blog with lots of delicious recipes - in fact you should go and see her latest chocolate cake. 

You should go and visit these 2 lovely ladies and say hi - I can assure you that you will love their blogs.

"Liebster" is German for "Dearest"
 
There are some rules - here they are
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter
on your blog.
2. Link back to the blogger who presented
you the award .
3. Copy and paste the award on
your blog.
4. Present the Liebster Blog Award to
5 bloggers with less than
200 followers.
5. Let them know they have been
chosen by leaving a comment
on their blog.

I really appreciate this award but am finding it difficult to pick just 5 bloggers, so I am going to break one of the rules and say that anyone can join in. Sorry!!!!

Thanks very much again ladies.


14 comments:

Jill said...

Your paperweight is gorgeous!

Raindrops and Daisies said...

Lovely photo of the glass bird,
really pretty.

Well done on your award too.


x Fiona

Sheila said...

Beautiful paperweight ! Congrats on the award , I also received it but have yet to even announce it :-(

Nancy Claeys said...

Congrats on the award, Ellie! Love your little glass bird. Very sweet.

Karen said...

Lovely bird! We don't get many birds here either.
Congrats on the award...I'm a rule breaker too!

TexWisGirl said...

congrats to you, sweet ellie! :)

CameraCruise said...

Congrats on the award!
Love your little bird.

Eileen said...

I collect glass paperweights but i haven't got anything like yours - it's lovely.

Sush said...

I love your paperweight! I'd be spending lots of time win the sunshine with that beauty! You are the epitome of that award...a 'Dear' and a 'Sweetheart'! Congrats!

Pat MacKenzie said...

Congratulations on your awards. Your paperweight is precious. I love birds and take pictures of them whenever I can.

Giga said...

Twój ptaszek jest śliczny :-). Nagrody gratuluję i zrobiłabym tak jak Ty. Pozdrawiam.*** Your bird is lovely :-). Awards congratulations and I would do like you. Yours.

Flora said...

great paperweight!

orchid said...

Dearest Ellie,
What a lovely paperweight♡♡♡ Looks SO cute. I love the little birds as well.
Congrats on your award, my dear friend♪♪♪
Love you always, xoxo Miyako*

geetlee said...

Yayy for the blog award! Many hugs
Love the little bird, so exquisite