Another Springtime Flower

Saturday evening was a a quiet one - Karen was out with her boyfriend, Laura was at the pictures with her boyfriend  to see Daniel Radcliffe's  (Harry Potter) new film The Woman in Black.  
This is a horror film and according to Laura was indeed very scary - I'm afraid he will always be Harry Potter to me!!! 
 Emma was out at a ceilidh being held in our local town hall. Ceilidh's are GREAT fun - I have been to a few. 
In fact I went to one when I was about 4 months pregnant with Emma, it is quite energetic dancing I was dancing so much people were telling me to sit down - but I was having so much fun. 
 Emma agrees with me - they are great.

Well Sunday - everybody was home. That doesn't happen very often - there is usually somebody not here - usually Laura. I have to say it is nice to have my brood all around me. 

I went for a walk in the afternoon - well the sky was blue so I had to take advantage of it!  
Spring is definately coming and there is a wee bit of colour appearing.

 I found this little crocus - isn't it pretty?

 It is very delicate looking - but I think it can't be all that delicate flowering at this time of the year!  It is such a pretty colour too.

Hope everybody has a great new week.

Sharing today with 

at

and
at

These a 2 great blogs you should go and visit - you won't regret it :))

Comments

Leovi said…
Beautiful photo, a flower with delightful colors. I like, I wish you a happy week.
Dianna said…
Amazing little crocus. It's wonderful that they - and pansies - can survive such cold weather.
Have a good day, Ellie!
That was nice to have your entire family together yesterday.
Lea said…
Such a beauty!
Spring is almost here.
Happy Macro Monday!
Lea
Lea's Menagerie
Jill said…
Lovely, little flower! It makes me wish I had planted some.

Becky and I saw the same movie this weekend. I have to say, Daniel Radcliff did a great job of erasing Harry Potter in this role. He has really grown up!
Riet said…
That is asuch a lovely flower. Love the color.
TexWisGirl said…
i know you were a happy mom to have her 3 girls around. :)
Karen said…
Oh, how pretty!
I love crocus flowers, I must go and look if mine are up, I had not even thought of them! Diane
Jeanne said…
Love the looks of that little crocus! How fun... a celidh! I have actually been to one of those when I was staying on an island off the coast of New Brunswick. Lovely! Hurry up spring!!
Beautiful flower and photo.

Regards and best wishes
Kaya said…
Beautiful, beautiful and wonderful!!!!!

I love this photograph, I love the modesty of this little and fragile flower and amazing softness.

This is a splendid photo work!!!

Greetings from Kaya.
lisa said…
What a beautiful find Ellie!! I am hoping to see these here before too much longer, but I think that may be wishful thinking.

I agree with you about Daniel Radcliffe...he will always be Harry Potter to me also!

Thank you so much for sharing with us today at The Creative Exchange.

Have a wonderful evening!

lisa.
I love ceilidhs too Ellie though I am not that good with my co ordination in some of the dances. Lovely macro too.
Madge Bloom said…
So beautiful... they come up first here too... although I haven't seen our first yet!
Giga said…
Już krokusy, miło popatrzeć :-). Pozdrawiam. *** Already crocuses, nice to look at :-). Yours.
Anna said…
Hi Ellie,
Oh my, am I jealous! Flowers actually blooming, my favorite color, and so beautiful!!!!! You are fortunate - we on the other hand, have 9 days of snow in our forecast!
Sounds like you have a house full of girls. Girls are so fun to have/raise :)
Have a great week!
I agree with you I love when all my kids are home, it such a good feeling. I love the photo of the crocus, they are one of my favorite flowers in the spring.
Jama said…
Gorgeous flower, I love the colour.
Kala said…
Very pretty! Love the color.

Happy MM
geetlee said…
lovely! great to know you had a happy Sunday with your family :)
orchid said…
Dearest Ellie,
I love to read you said, "it is nice to have my brood all around me". I remember my Mom was always waiting for me to visit. Haha, her 13th memorial service is comimg soon.

Lovely spring calling crocus♡♡♡

Love you always, xoxo Miyako*
CameraCruise said…
Beautiful shot of the gorgeous flower.
Would love to see them here soon.
Have a great day.
Mette
Tricia said…
Oh, that crocus is beautiful. I can't wait to see some flowers around here :)
Tezzie said…
That is so pretty!! I can't wait until the little crocuses start popping up here, too...in about 2½ months time :)
How pretty to see that brave little flower, especially when it's still winter!

Total Pageviews

Popular posts from this blog

An Apology and an Update

First Day of Spring

April

Followers