Hustle and Bustle


Not a lot happening around here at the moment - just the usual hustle and bustle of the Christmas rush. 
Can you believe that Christmas day is just two weeks away.  
Just where did this year go - it hardly seems any time at all since January!!!

IMG_1265

I was thinking there is definitely not much new growth in plants at the moment (well it is winter after all) but just look at Karen's plant (which I can't for the life of me remember what is called).  It has quite a few of these tiny wee leaves sprouting. 

Well all of my Christmas shopping is done - yeah I can hardly believe I typed those words either
  I can't remember the last time I was so organised. I still have to wrap and write Christmas cards but I'll get around to that this weekend. 

I am so glad my shopping is out of the way as I really can't stand the busy shops at this time of year. The only big shopping to do now is the grocery shopping - another job that I really don't like doing. 
Oh dear I'd better watch or I will be saying bah humbug shortly, lol.

Comments

TexWisGirl said…
you're ahead of me. :)

Claudia Moser said…
Well done, I am almost there, still need to pack!
Giga said…
Też nie lubię robić zakupów. Robi je mój mąż, a ja piszę na kartce, co kupić. Pozdrawiam.
I do not like to do shopping. My husband is doing it, and I'm writing on a sheet of what to buy. Yours.
Oh I was at the mall, more about that later. I am with you . Bah humbug at least the mall part. B
Debbie said…
i do most of my shopping on-line and i really only buy for my boys. our families have cut out most of the other shopping and my nieces and nephews are all grown up.

karens plant looks pretty. my orchid is still blooming and i have another getting ready to bloom. i don't remember the name of it either ;)))
You are so lucky to have your shopping done for Christmas. I can hardly believe that we have only 2 weeks until Christmas. I have way too many things to get done before then.
Dianna said…
Good for you having all your shopping done. (I'm still working on mine...)
BUT all my Christmas cards were mailed several days ago.
The year has gone by quickly, hasn't it?
I don't like the crowds, so I always try to have my shopping done before Thanksgiving. :-)
EG CameraGirl said…
Kudos to you for having finished your Christmas shopping. Wish I could say the same. :)
Sandra said…
I keep out of the shops at this time of the year... just do a bit of food shopping early mornings when almost nobody is there!
It's so nice to keep away from all the madness that seems to happen at this time of year!
Thank you for popping into my place, Ellie. Have a great week!
orchid0324 said…
Dearest Ellie,
Beautiful green plant♡♡♡
Oh, Christmas shopping must be really important. Happy for you that you have finished them. For us Japanese, New Year preparation is kind of more important and I am really behind for it(^^;)
Sending you lots of love and hugs from Japan, xoxo Miyako*
Rose said…
And now Christmas is less than a week away...the time flies now. I remember my mom talking about as she got older the time passing by so much faster and it is true.

Popular Posts