Saturday, 29 December 2012

A Wee Bit Of Culture

On Thursday night we did something a wee bit different.  
Well, different for us anyway!!!!

A few weeks ago one of my sis-in-laws had asked if we fancied going to see an evening of Tchaikovsky, well of course we said yes please. 

So on Thursday, along with Danny, my two sis-in-laws and their husbands, three nieces and one boyfriend,  we met up in Glasgow.
 First we went for a very tasty Italian meal, I had  chicken milanese with spaghetti napoli and for dessert I had tiramisu - yummy.  Have I ever said how much I love tiramisu, 'cause I really do :))
I should really have taken my camera to do some foody pictures - but I'm afraid I didn't.

Anyway after a very pleasant dinner we walked along to the Glasgow Royal Concert Hall.  I have never been to a classical concert before and didn't really know what to expect.  But you know what, I really enjoyed it and I was surprised at how many of the pieces 
I recognised. They played everything from Swan Lake, Piano Concerto No.1 (which I remembered loving at school), Nutcracker Suite and the finally of course the 1812 Ouverture.  
Now who doesn't love that rousing piece and at the finale fireworks were going off - I of course added to the volume by giving a shriek of fright - how embarassing - you can take me nowhere, lol. 

All in all it was a great night and I enjoyed my wee bit of culture. 


Words Of Deliciousness said...

Sounds like this was the perfect evening. I don't think I have ever been to a classical concert before either, even though I do like classical music.

Giga said...

Czasami trzeba spędzić czas inaczej i ciekawiej niż w szarej codzienności. Cieszę się, że byłaś zadowolona z tego dnia. Pozdrawiam.
Sometimes you have to spend your time differently and more interesting than in everyday life. I am glad that you were pleased with the day. Yours.

TexWisGirl said...

i bet you are a delight to be with during these things. :)

Debbie said...

sounds like a great night!!

Bev said...

Wow sounds like a wonderful wonderful evening!!

Jill said...

What more could one ask for? Good food, good company and great music! Perfect!

doodles n daydreams said...

I have only been to a classical concert once before as a child. All I can remember of it was the conductor turning around to what I thought was a completely silent hall and shushing a member of the audience. Oh dear.
I'm glad you enjoyed your new experience, and of course your family and friends.


Sandra said...

Simple little grasses blown sideways by the wind. I love the discreet colours in nature at this time of the year. How lovely to go to a classical concert, that is something I really enjoy from time to time and in between, I have a good collection of CDs.

Tezzie said...

What an incredible experience!
Happy Holidays to you, and best wishes for a wonderful 2013 <3

Buttons said...

Wow good for you Ellie it sounds fantastic. B

laura.forestdreams:) said...

mmmmmm...italian! yum!

good food, friends & music...the perfect combo!!

Happy New Year!

pembrokeshire lass said...

What a wonderful evening. Who could want for more. Sounds like great fun. I love Italian food too! I would love to have heard you shriek. I'm sure a lot of people did the same! Have fun Hun. Joan

Lasse said...

Wish you all a wonderful New Year!!

Sheila said...

It sounded like the perfect evening , my one time exposure to live classical music was in high school a classical orchestra came to perform from somewhere in Europe but not sure where and it was incredible so I envy you this experience. Happy New Year.

Kerri said...

Sounds like FUN!

Inside a British Mum's Kitchen said...

What a lovely evening! isn't it fun to do something out of the ordinary once in a while! Happy New Year!
Mary x

geetlee said...

Hi Ellie,
Sounds like you had a fabulous time. I would have shrieked too. I hate loud unexpected noises :)
Hope you are enjoying the holiday season. Happy New Year!