A Wee Bit Of Culture




On Thursday night we did something a wee bit different.  
Well, different for us anyway!!!!

A few weeks ago one of my sis-in-laws had asked if we fancied going to see an evening of Tchaikovsky, well of course we said yes please. 

So on Thursday, along with Danny, my two sis-in-laws and their husbands, three nieces and one boyfriend,  we met up in Glasgow.
 First we went for a very tasty Italian meal, I had  chicken milanese with spaghetti napoli and for dessert I had tiramisu - yummy.  Have I ever said how much I love tiramisu, 'cause I really do :))
I should really have taken my camera to do some foody pictures - but I'm afraid I didn't.

Anyway after a very pleasant dinner we walked along to the Glasgow Royal Concert Hall.  I have never been to a classical concert before and didn't really know what to expect.  But you know what, I really enjoyed it and I was surprised at how many of the pieces 
I recognised. They played everything from Swan Lake, Piano Concerto No.1 (which I remembered loving at school), Nutcracker Suite and the finally of course the 1812 Ouverture.  
Now who doesn't love that rousing piece and at the finale fireworks were going off - I of course added to the volume by giving a shriek of fright - how embarassing - you can take me nowhere, lol. 

All in all it was a great night and I enjoyed my wee bit of culture. 


Comments

Sounds like this was the perfect evening. I don't think I have ever been to a classical concert before either, even though I do like classical music.
Giga said…
Czasami trzeba spędzić czas inaczej i ciekawiej niż w szarej codzienności. Cieszę się, że byłaś zadowolona z tego dnia. Pozdrawiam.
Sometimes you have to spend your time differently and more interesting than in everyday life. I am glad that you were pleased with the day. Yours.
TexWisGirl said…
i bet you are a delight to be with during these things. :)
Debbie said…
sounds like a great night!!
Bev said…
Wow sounds like a wonderful wonderful evening!!

Jill said…
What more could one ask for? Good food, good company and great music! Perfect!
I have only been to a classical concert once before as a child. All I can remember of it was the conductor turning around to what I thought was a completely silent hall and shushing a member of the audience. Oh dear.
I'm glad you enjoyed your new experience, and of course your family and friends.

blessings,
Diana
Sandra said…
Simple little grasses blown sideways by the wind. I love the discreet colours in nature at this time of the year. How lovely to go to a classical concert, that is something I really enjoy from time to time and in between, I have a good collection of CDs.
Tezzie said…
What an incredible experience!
Happy Holidays to you, and best wishes for a wonderful 2013 <3
Wow good for you Ellie it sounds fantastic. B
mmmmmm...italian! yum!

good food, friends & music...the perfect combo!!

Happy New Year!
What a wonderful evening. Who could want for more. Sounds like great fun. I love Italian food too! I would love to have heard you shriek. I'm sure a lot of people did the same! Have fun Hun. Joan
Lasse said…
Wish you all a wonderful New Year!!
Sheila said…
It sounded like the perfect evening , my one time exposure to live classical music was in high school a classical orchestra came to perform from somewhere in Europe but not sure where and it was incredible so I envy you this experience. Happy New Year.
Anonymous said…
What a lovely evening! isn't it fun to do something out of the ordinary once in a while! Happy New Year!
Mary x
geetlee said…
Hi Ellie,
Sounds like you had a fabulous time. I would have shrieked too. I hate loud unexpected noises :)
Hope you are enjoying the holiday season. Happy New Year!

Popular Posts