Portugal part 3


Ok the final post on our holiday to Portugal - is that a sigh of relief I can hear  :))

Well the day after the wedding we got up quite early and had breakfast.  Danny's sister and her husband had come over from Norway for the wedding too and we were going to spend the day together.  

We decided to go for a walk up the hills and up to the ruin at the top of the hill (just to the left of the cars in the picure).



We took Danny's sister and her hubby back to the airport on Monday and waved them off on their journey home. 
We still had 4 full days left to enjoy!

We visited a beach and did a wee bit of sun bathing and people watching. Lots of people surfing and enjoying the waves (which were rather large, the waves I mean!).

We also visited Praia da Luz (where the wedding was on the Saturday) with another lovely beach. 
 I spotted this down on the beach - those are life vests hanging on the line.  I loved the colours!




We also went to visit a place called Cabo Sao Vicente which was about a half hour drive away! 
It is the most westerly point of Portugal.  
Rocky cliffs, a lighthouse and crashing waves.  

Quite a stunning view!

I did take pictures during the day but can't seem to find them, however we went back in the evening to catch a sunset as we had heard it was lovely.  
Well the people weren't wrong. 
It was beautiful!

I couldn't decide which picture I liked the best. 

This one with the sun setting!

And one where the sun has disappeared off the horizon.  



Having looked at the pics again I think this one is my favourite :)

 We filled our remaining days in Portugal soaking up the sun and relaxing.

I have to say it was a most enjoyable holiday.

I hope you're not all fed up of my Portugal tales.
Thanks for reading!!! :)




Comments

I have loved your tales of Portugal, I will probably never get there so it is great to see these places through someone elses eyes.

Diana
I have loved looking at all of your beautiful pictures from your holiday. I don't get to travel too much, so I love seeing pictures from different parts of the world. Thanks so much for sharing.
Pat MacKenzie said…
Your pictures are beautiful. Its fun to see these places with you. Safe travels.
Jeanne said…
Was just thinking about you and love your shots. what a great chance you had to take this trip to Portugal1 It is such an interesting place! Love your sunset shot, and hope that all is well with you!
Jeanne said…
Stopping by to say hi, and hoping that you are having a lovely spring!

Popular Posts