A Sunday Walk

A couple of weeks ago Karen and I went to buy some compost to pot my two new apple trees.  We went to our favourite garden centre. The trouble with going there is we always come home with more than we went out for!
We also came back with mint and rosemary plants. I really wish my garden was big enough to grow a full herb patch!

 After we had finished with the garden centre we  went for a wee walk with our cameras.  
It was such a lovely day it would have been a shame not to!

We walked along the side of the River Ayr. It was lovely and quiet with surprisingly few people taking advantage of the lovely day.

I think Karen has been bitten by the camera bug now too as she took just as many pictures as I did, in fact I turned round a few times to find her quite a distance behind me taking some shots. 

 It's not a bad hobby to have though :))

Anyway here are a few of my shots.




Lovely daffodils!

 Not quite as good as Niagara Falls, lol.



We did enjoy our walk and hope to do many more,  just as long as the weather stays nice. I am definately a fair weather person.

I did go out for a wee walk by myself on Saturday - it was a grey drizzly day but I thought it would be ok. 

Just shows how wrong a person can be!!

  I was only out for half an hour but by the time I got home I was soaking as the heavens had opened.

  Ah well, I'll just have to wait until the next nice day and try again :))

Comments

Roan said…
Your pictures are all gorgeous. I can't decide my favorite, but I'm leaning toward the water or the first one...nope, they are all great! Looks like spring in your part of the world.
TexWisGirl said…
the colors and light in these is just lovely, ellie. :)
Jeanne said…
How wonderful to see you here! Your shots are lovely Looks to me as if you might need to carry a big umbrella with you.
Debbie said…
very nice ellie!!! great to see you today!!!
Eileen T said…
Lovely photos and lovely to see you back blogging again.
Sandra said…
It's so wonderful to take a spring walk in nature, though preferably when it's not raining! I do love daffodils too.
Kerri Farley said…
Very pretty! Spring is starting to show her face around here too :)
Paul Forster said…
Enjoyed your walk, Ellie! Very pretty!
Pat MacKenzie said…
Beautiful pictures. Your country looks so lush and green.
obat aborsi said…
Thanks for one's marvelous posting! I certainly enjoyed
reading it, you are a great author.I will make sure to
bookmark your blog and will come back later in life.
I want to encourage that you continue your great work,
have a nice evening!
Sush said…
Hi Dear One…the photos are great! Maybe I can get a snazzy camera sometime. For now it's mostly the iPhone! We've finally had our daughters' wedding so I'm hoping but feeling like it's wishful thinking I may be able to blog and visit my favs a little more frequently. With the eight grandkids it still remains a challenge!
Big Hugs~
Jeanne said…
Was just thinking about you and stopped in. What are you up to??

Popular Posts