Melrose Abbey


 Ok so I  have been back to work for a couple of weeks after our summer holiday. 
Not that we did that much.  
We (well I mean Danny really) fixed a leak in the water tank, that took a full week as there were so many problems but it's fixed now so all is well :)

My girls and me went to Glasgow so Laura could try on her wedding dress which had just come into the shop - and she did look stunning!

Oh and I also bought my wedding outfit!!!
  I know I can't believe it either. 

I really had had no intention of buying so early but the girls wanted me to try on some things and before I knew it I found THE ONE.
You know when you try something on and you just LOVE it, well that's what happened!
I am not an  impulse buyer and I hate shopping for clothes but there you go. 
 I just have to really careful to not put on too much weight or lose to much either. Now I'm pretty sure I'll manage not to lose much but not putting it on might be more difficult lol. 
That just leaves the shoes, bag and hat to get!

Danny and I also took a wee trip to Peebles in the Borders area of Scotland. Peebles is lovely quiet wee town. In the afternon we took a wander around the town, we stopped at a coffee shop and had a delicious coffee and sat outside the shop and people watched.
It was very pleasant way to spend an afternoon!


Then the next day we drove further on to the town of Melrose to see Melrose Abbey.  If you ever get the chance you should visit Melrose such a lovely wee town and the Abbey is stunning.











 Quite stunning I think you would agree! 
You can only imagine how grand it looked back in the day!


It dates back to 1136 and was founded by the Cistercian monks and is said to be the place where Robert the Bruce's heart is buried.


We enjoyed visiting it so much we decided we quite fancy visiting the other abbeys in that area those being in Jedburgh and Dryburgh.

Comments

Lois Evensen said…
What a beautiful abbey that must have been! It is still quite pretty. Lovely images.
The abbey ruins are quite beautiful. It sounds like you had a nice wee break away.

Diana
i also meant to say I love going in to the shops for a day with my girls, I buy things I might not have looked at otherwise. Luckily (for the budget) it only happens about once a year.

Diana
Debbie said…
what a gorgeous place....and since we were talking about weddings, i thought, wow, that would be a great place to have a wedding!!!

sounds like you are having fun and enjoying life, it was nice to see you today ellie!!!
Rose said…
I think it is fantastic that you found THE OUTFIT for the wedding...that is one less stress to deal with later.

Oh, this place is amazing.
AliceKiss said…
Потрясающе красиво!
Eileen T said…
Good news that you've found your wedding outfit. That's one less thing to worry about!
Edi said…
Situs penyedia info agen, promo dan permainan terpercaya dan terbaik yang ada di indonesia.

infopendek
infojitu
cheatpasti
situspanas

Popular Posts